Call for Papers
The 1st International Workshop on 5G/B5G/6G for
Underground Coal Mine Safety and Communication
Coal is a major resource for the power industry in China and around the world. From the global point of view, China is the largest coal producer.
In the mining process, the information technologies, including wireless network, internet of things, cloud computing, and mobile internet can improve the coal mine safety, automation and intelligent underground mining industry. Wireless monitoring and communication networks are easy to deploy in underground coal mine tunnels, and can provide reliable monitoring data and images in the automatic industry scene of complex tunnels and during coal mine accidents. They can provide on-site data support for production planning and rescue experts to make decisions.
However, the wideband wireless communication technology still faces many challenges in the complex mining tunnel environment. Currently, many wireless monitoring and communication systems in underground coal mines do not meet the requirements. This workshop focuses on the new application of 5G/B5G/6G in the long and narrow structured tunnel in the complex coal mining environment, which is a pioneering research direction. The research and development of 5G/B5G/6G in coal mines is an emerging one, and could improve the performance of underground coal mine monitoring and communication systems. It would introduce new theories and technologies to wireless safety monitoring and rescue, automatic and intelligent monitoring and communication in underground complex coal mine tunnels.
The objective of UCC 2020 workshop is to bring together researchers, developers, and technical experts to share their works and experiences of 5G/B5G/6G for Underground Coal Mine Communication.
Topics of Interest
The targeted topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- System architecture for 5G/B5G/6G
- 5G/B5G/6G architecture for smart mining
- 5G/B5G/6G architecture for mining IOT system
- 5G/B5G/6G architecture for safety monitoring
- 5G/B5G/6G architecture for massive video camera
- 5G/B5G/6G -based localization
- Deployment and optimization of 5G/B5G/6G BS
- Wideband communication method for dynamic BS
- Visible light communications technologies
- Massive MIMO and mmWave communications
- Machine-to-machine communications
- Cloud/Fog/Edge computing techniques
- Machine learning/Deep learning/Transfer learning/Federal learning in smart mining
- Machine learning/Deep learning/Transfer learning/Federal learning for coalmine communication
- Miner detection/recognition/tracking techniques
- Roof/rock pressure/gas/geology/hoists/vehicle/belt monitoring
- Blockchain and it’s applications for coal mine communication
- New 5G/B5G/6G applications for coal mine communication
We invite workshop participation through contributions that respond to one or more of the mentioned research questions in 8-10 pages. Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
Accepted and presented technical papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. Workshop Papers will be published in a dedicated section of the 6GN Conference Proceedings. Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL). See the website for detailed instructions and for author requirements for accepted papers.
- Paper Submission Deadline: May 6, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: June 17, 2020
- Camera-Ready Submission: July 1, 2020
- Victor C. M. Leung, Shenzhen University, China
- Wei Chen, China University of Mining and Technology, China
- Weidong Fang, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Wei Yang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Zijian Tian, China University of Mining and Technology(Beijing), China